Google Panda Update Case Study

E BOOK WEBSITE BRITISH SUPER MARKET

The Objective

The brand behind this website, a super market chain, is an household name in the UK and is a permanent fixture on most British high street. Although the site enjoyed a very good visibility, it was recently hit by google panda algorithm update resulting in significant loss in rankings.

Prime objective was to rank for a handful of main key words and phrases which at this point were not even indexed within the first ten pages of google search result.

Website History

Although some SEO was done, the content was severely under optimised and had massive problem with duplicate content. The Panda penalty had hurt the rankings a lot with almost all key positions lost. The backlink profile was also not diversified and looked highly unnatural with lots of low value, spammy links. Prior to us taking it over, there was hardly any organic traffic for almost six months.

The main road blocks

  • Product descriptions were not unique (duplicate penalty)
  • Over optimised anchor text (looks unnatural)
  • Low quality link building (very spammy)
  • Poor on-site keyword targeting (hardly any optimisation)

Our Strategy

We started off with a detailed onsite audit to identify and react to all the elements that was holding the site back. At this point we also did a thorough analysis of the backlink profile to identify the threats and opportunities within the market.

Our team then started to resolve the onsite issues by producing fresh high- quality content and gradually remove the over optimised anchor texts to ensure that the profile looks as natural as possible. Our outreach team then ensured that all niche relevant authority sites are made aware of these new high impact content.

We even created several very attractive infographics and reached out to all the niche relevant sites to request inclusion. The uptake was excellent, and we got included in some of the most reputed Websites within the industry. bookbusinessmag.com, digitalbookworld.com, ebookfriendly.com, teleread.com to name a few.

We even managed to get included in the main infographic aggregator engine, visual.ly.

Results

Results were very satisfactory. Just under two quarters we have taken the site from a low-ranking position to first page for the most competitive phrases we were after.

At the beginning of the campaign, the domain only enjoyed nine terms on the home page and none of them had any decent search volume. Towards the end of the campaign, the site had 200+ separate search terms on page one along with some very high search volume keywords within the industry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top